Senior Database Developer Position Summary:
Ascent360 is seeking a Database Architect / Senior Database Developer to join our growing team of professionals. This individual will work with Senior Database Architect and other Database Developers in evaluating the existing ecosystem of databases and design and develop changes to ensure the system can scale with growth. This person will be responsible for small and large development projects to help push software forward. They will help support existing projects and help develop new ETL solutions. This individual will provide industry best practices with respect to ETL and for general database development, deployment, and iterative refinement.
- Expected to work with Senior Database Architect and Database Development lead to evaluate/recommend/choose technology options that align with business objectives, budget, and long term execution plans
- Reverse engineer existing system with no supervision
- Work with Senior development staff to make design improvements to the system that can be moved to the cloud within time and budget constraints
- Identify technical issues and provide resolution
- Credibly describe and demonstrate how solutions’ address business challenges and opportunities
- Work with other teams and database developers to develop business specific data marts
- Design and develop ETL solutions to process data from multiple sources into a centralized warehouse
- Take requirements created by the business teams to build out suitable database solutions
- Develop, test and provide production support for new database solutions
- Collaborate with various teams to plan and implement Project and Service Requests. Responsibilities include: functional and technical design, configuration, system testing, coordinate user testing, implementation and post-implementation support.
Minimum Job Requirements:
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or other related field or equivalent experience. Master’s Degree preferred.
- 7-10 years minimum experience delivering real world business database solutions working with SQL server stack of technologies including SSIS, SSRS, T-SQL (SQL Server 2012 and above)
- Proven knowledge/ability to define and execute a data strategy, ability to rationalize decisions when making data/technology decisions
- Demonstrable experience of reverse engineering complex T-SQL code
- Experience writing complex T-SQL including experience with dynamic T-SQL
- Experience writing complex stored procedures, functions, views, CTEs
- Good understanding of relational theory and normalization
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Migrating on-premises solution into the cloud
- Experience with open source NoSQL technologies
- Python, Java, C# experience
- Azure or AWS experience
- Agile experience
Specialized Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving skills and critical thinking
- Must be able to work in fast paced environment
At Ascent360, our mission is simple; to become a World Class Customer Data Platform (CDP) that helps companies realize greater value from their customer data leading to increased revenue. We are a cloud based CDP that enables highly targeted, omni-channel marketing strategies direct to customers and prospects. We work with over 100 different brands, retailers, and resorts to integrate all data sources, giving a full view of their customer, allowing for needle moving marketing campaigns.
Ascent360 is a venture-backed SaaS start-up nestled in the foothills of Colorado in Golden only a short drive away from the hustle of downtown Denver or the solitude of the Rocky Mountains! We have GREAT views and AMAZING options for mountain biking, trail running, road cycling, cross fit (down the street) & more right outside our doorsteps with an in-office shower! We are privileged to work with clients you know and love from industries like retail, resort, and outdoor & active lifestyle. At Ascent360 we work and function as a team. If you have an idea, speak up and your voice will be heard. And to seal the deal, our in-house kegerator makes recharging only a pour away. In 2017, we were recognized on Outside Magazine’s 100 Best Places to Work list and in 2018… we made the TOP 50!!! We hope you will join this fast-paced start-up with a group of people who ALL make a difference in the future of Ascent360!